Tuesday, June 19, 2012


It’s our anniversary today my darling. It’s not the first time we spent it apart, thirty years ago you were in the Southern Hemisphere in the Falkland Islands.  Those three months when we were separated were some of the most worrying and painful of our lives together, but they pale into insignificance in comparison with these past twelve months, I had never felt such pain and loss as I do each moment now.   A year ago we still had hope.   I am desolate without my soul mate.
Last year we spent a wonderful day taking the small ferry to Denia, having a terrific lunch in Marques de Campo and laughing a lot.   It lives for ever in my memory and always will.  The small video we took that lovely day is presently too painful to watch, but at least I have it to remind me, if I ever need anything to remind me of you.
I miss you my husband.  I know you’re still here with me, you send me little signs that you are. You sent me one today, thank you.
I was and still am, so proud that you chose me to be your wife and the mother of your two amazing children.  And I am so proud of you and all that you did in your life, and the example you set me, our family and others of strength of purpose and courage.
Wherever you are, know that I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
God bless and stay safe.
Your devoted and loving wife, Pauline 

No comments:

Post a Comment